Forney Easy Weld 299 125FC Flux Core Welder, 120-Volt
The easy weld 125 FC is basically a flux core welding machine which is produced by Forney. The machine is also called a MIG Machine despite of the fact that it does not need shielding gas.
This particular machine is also sometimes referred to as a wire feed welding machine however as a user you cannot add gas to the machine. The machine is favorable for you provided you are in the beginner level of welding.
This 120v welding machine can be used for a variety of purposes such as the building of a fire pit, developing of metal art and fixing of garden utensils etc.
Features Of This Forney Easy Weld 299125FC
- The beauty of the machine lies in the fact that it can operate without utilization of a gas setup. The amperage of the item is 125 amps.
- The ability of the machine to run 10lb. spools make it a versatile unit. The machine can weld an item up to a quarter of an inch.
- The machine is equipped with two different consumables and has an input of 120 volts. Similarly, the output of the machine is 125 amps. The welding unit can weld 24 gauge up to 1/4". The welding machine is fully capable of handling .030" wire; both 10# & 2# wire spools are accepted by the machine.
- The cord length of the product is 6 Feet Moreover the measuring system of this excellent piece is matric.
- The machine dimensions are 23 x 11 x 18 inches. The overall designing and packing of the item is excellent and as a user, you will surely take pride in using this machine.
- The machine has the ability to cut steel (mild) up to 3/8ths.
- A Plus point about this welder lies in the fact it is free from any kind of contamination and is very clean indeed. Apart from this, it is very simple to set up this machine and utilize it. All you need to do is follow the instructions/recommendations which have been listed on the wire housing.
- It is the best option when it comes to small odd jobs due to the fact that it is simple to utilize and has a weight which is very light.
- This is an affordable welder and the best thing about the welder is that it does not cause any jamming issues.
- There are tabs available on the handle. These tabs serve as an excellent storage location for the wire spool line, cord and ground wire.
- The duty cycle of the welder is only 20% at maximum output. The wire feed mechanism of the machine is not that impressive since it is made up of plastic which means that as an end user you do not get the opportunity to fine tune the wire’s feed tension.
- Since the machine is core flux in nature hence a lot of spattering takes place during the welding process. However, this is something which is not much of an issue for a beginner level welder.
The Weld 125 FC is an excellent machine for the do it yourself kind of people. The machine comes along with a 6-month warranty. While operating the welder, ensure that the ground clamp is well attached to the metal or metal work bench you want to work with.
Before you start the machine try to see whether you are comfortable or not. Finally, do not forget to maintain the stick out (at 3/8”). Overall the core lux welder is not a bad product to invest in.