Best Compound Miter Saw Reviews In 2017
When it comes to best compound miter saw and buying one that you're going to be happy with, you're going to want to do your research. Not all miter saws are worth buying, and you need to arm yourself with the information that will help you make a smarter purchase.
Best Compound Miter Saw Comparison Chart
In this article, we're going to be listing the features that are a part of great miter saws. We're also going to be listing three products that have done well in the customer reviews and are genuinely worth purchasing.
Miter Saws Buying Guide
Think of what actually makes up a miter saw. The following issues/features will determine what miter saw you might choose, so read carefully. If you're new to miter saws, this will be a great educational guide for you. Seasoned miter saw users may want to skip right to the products. Here are the miter saw issues/features to look for/be aware of for those new to these types of saws.
Do You Need A Basic Or Compound Miter Saw?
A basic miter saw is capable of making basic cuts to wood and other materials. These basic miter saws have no bevel and no slide. It's just a basic saw.
A compound miter saw is more advanced, and will have a bevel, a slide, and other accessories to make more advanced and precise cuts. They can have single or dual bevels and be available with a wide variety of blade diameters. It's best to have a compound miter saw instead of a basic one because you never know what project you may need to complete. Better safe than sorry.
Amps Of Power
15 amps is generally the amperage of choice for professionals and home cutting enthusiasts alike. A miter saw with this amperage is powerful enough to make quick work of difficult materials and this amperage of motor generally lasts substantially longer than less powerful models.
3,000 to 4,000 RPM speed is the industry standard for miter saws. This RPM speed offers the highest level of performance and presents the least amount of difficulty in completing projects.
How big the blade is will determine what kind of projects you'll be able to accomplish. In most cases, you'll want a bigger blade, rather than a smaller one. With a larger blade, you can get all the small jobs done but you get the added benefit of being able to accomplish really big jobs as well. Look for miter saws with a blade diameter of 12 inches. This blade diameter is capable of handling both large and small jobs with ease.
Bevel Capacity And Positive Stops
Being able to tilt the blade to the left and the right to make cuts, also called beveling, is important to most miter saw users. Generally, left/right tilt degree angles of 0-60 degrees is sufficient for most projects. You'll also want to find a miter saw that has "positive stops", meaning preset degrees where the blade locks into position. For example, for a specific project you may need to make a series of 22.5 degree and 31.6 degree cuts. Having exact "positive stops" in these positions will allow you to make quick work of the project.
Manufacturer and Warranty
Be sure to buy from a good manufacturer. Some great manufacturers of miter saws in the market today are Bosch, Makita, DeWalt, Hitachi, Ryobi, Milwaukee, and Skil. Also, you should ensure that your purchase comes with a long lasting warranty. Making the purchase will mean nothing if the product is defective from the factory.
Bosch GCM12SD 120-Volt 12-Inch DB Glide Miter Saw
With an axial glide cutting system, this miter saw takes up 12 inches less space than competing saws. It's made by Bosch, one of the most well known names in the construction business.
With the GCM12SD, you can make nearly every cut imaginable. This is a right saw for shops and home users and it will stand up to everyday use without complaint. The SquareLock Fence system allows you to line up all of your materials and will make bevel cuts as well. 0-60 degree bevel cuts are possible with this saw.
And with its 15 amp, 3,800 RPM motor, it's able to go through even the toughest materials easily. It's blade compatibility allows it to use a variety of different blades, further adding to the amount of projects you can get done.
Overall, this is a great compound miter saw for the money. Bosch is continually turning out great products and this one comes with a one year limited warranty.
- 15 Amp Motor
- 12 Inch Blade Diameter
- 0-60 Degree Bevel Capacity
- SquareLock Fence System
- Ergonomic Handle
- Dust Capture Adaptor
- One of the best saws on the market for shops and home users - Definitely worth the money.
- Cuts don't have any vibration, resulting in silky smooth edges.
- Dust collection system works wonderfully to keep work areas clean from the start.
- Bevel cuts are simple and the bevel scale is true and accurate.
- Axial glide mechanism is very smooth and offers long lasting performance.
- Safety trigger prevents cutting mishaps before they happen.
- Included detents allow for numerous preset cutting angles.
- Overall a solid compound saw that's worthy of your consideration.
- No laser sight system.
- Some people have found this saw awkward to move and carry around.
DEWALT DW716 15 Amp 12-Inch Miter Saw Review
When you want proven quality in a miter saw and other professional grade construction products, you want a DeWalt. This name has been in the forefront of construction for years, and they always have great products.
The DW716 15 Amp 12-Inch Double Bevel Compound Miter Saw is a dream come true. It has a RPM speed of 3,600 and detents that make quick work of common angles.
You can also override the detent settings and choose your own degree angles. A total of 11 positive stops make this a truly versatile tool.
You have a generous 0-48 degrees to the left and right with this saw, making bevel cuts simple and easy. And with a total weight of only 44 lbs, you can pretty much carry this miter saw anywhere there's an outlet. It's compatible with DeWalt laser systems, giving you yet another reason to seriously consider it.
- 15 Amp Motor
- 3,600 RPM Spin Speed
- 12 Inch Blade Diameter
- Dual Bevels
- Sliding Fence
- Multiple Positive Stops
- Great for working on stairs, making quality trim, cabinets, and more.
- Accuracy with this saw is truly top notch.
- Will last you years of trouble free use.
- Allows you to connect a laser sight onto the saw.
- Included brake stops the blade fast.
- This is one of the best overall miter saws on the market today.
- Being able to override the detents allows you to make the most accurate cuts.
- Some people think the dust collection bag is too small.
- A little bit of a learning curve for new miter saw users.
Makita LS1216L 12-Inch Dual Slide Miter Saw Review
With dual slides, this Makita LS1216L 12 Inch Compound Miter Saw is as good as you can get for the money. You can make crosscuts, crown cuts, and it has a ball bearing system to keep it running smoothly.
The 5 1/2 inch tall sliding fence is another improvement, and upper and lower fence adjustments allow you to keep everything lined up precisely the way you want it. It bevels from 0-52 degrees on the left, and 0-60 degrees on the right.
It also has multiple positive stops to speed up the process of making angled cuts. The bevel scales are true and accurate, and it even has a laser sighting system to ensure that every cut you make is as good as it can get. The 15 amp motor is guaranteed to never slip, get bogged down, or need maintenance in any way.
The included Electronic Speed Control makes sure that blade RPM is maintained throughout your cuts. DXT (Deep and Exact Cutting Technology) is a modern day miracle for construction professionals. It's a tried and true engine system that really works well, and the LS1216L features it.
- 15 Amp Motor
- 3200 RPM Spin Speed
- 5 1/2 Inch Tall Sliding Fence
- Left/Right Beveling 0-52 degrees left, 0-60 degrees right
- DXT (Deep and Exact Cutting Technology)
- Built in laser does a great job of aligning cuts perfectly.
- The perfect miter saw for business professionals like carpenters, woodworkers, cabinet makers, decking and flooring workers, and more.
- Best in Class for functionality in the garage and at the worksite.
- 12" blade goes through tough molding projects easily.
- Majority of components to this saw are made from metal, adding to the overall durability.
- Cuts wide boards of up to 15" with ease.
- Reports of this saw being prone to kickback.
- A few reports of dust clogs.
These are the best compound miter saw for me, if anyone have any question please leave a comment bellow, I will try to come up with the best solution for you.
November 22, 2016
November 20, 2016
November 20, 2016
November 19, 2016
November 19, 2016